In order to implement the “Belt and Road” initiative, NIM has started providing measurement technical assistance to developing countries since 2015, in both multilateral and bilateral forms. The bilateral assistance focuses on the countries such as Cambodia, Mongolia, South Africa and Thailand. For the multilateral assistance, we make extensive use of various mechanisms under the frameworks of the BIPM, APMP, APEC and Lancang-Mekong Metrology Cooperation. At present, with the support of various national programs, the scope of our assistance has spread to nearly 30 economies in the four major regions of Southeast Asia, Central Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa. The assistance direction is more precise and the forms of assistance are more diverse.
- The construction of the “Metrology Technical Transfer Platform for Lancang-Mekong Countries” as the special fund project of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The “China-Mongolia Cooperation on Key Measurement Standards and Technologies in Energy Field” as the key special project for the international cooperation in science and technology innovation between governments sponsored by the Ministry of Science and Technology
- The “Research and International Mutual Recognition for Agricultural Safety Measurement Standards and Technology Demonstration” as the key special project of for strategic international cooperation in science and technology innovation sponsored by the Ministry of Science and Technology
- The “Central Asia and Eastern Europe Food Safety Measurement Standards and Technologies Training” as the technology training course project for developing countries sponsored by the Ministry of Science and Technology
- The “Sina-LAC Young Scientists Exchange Program” project sponsored by the Ministry of Science and Technology
- The “Training Course on Measurement Technology in the National Demand Area of Cambodia” as the training program of the Ministry of Commerce.
- APEC and China APEC Fund projects